Random Rambles of a Radio guy

Gentlemen! Let's broaden our minds!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Classic

Casablanca is possibly one of the best movies of all time, it's right up there with "Gone with the Wind" with most people.
I just thought I would throw some Casablanca quotes out there, you gotta imagine Bogart saying the lines, in the way that only he can...
enjoy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain Renault: What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?
Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.
Captain Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.
Rick: I was misinformed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yvonne: Where were you last night?
Rick: That's so long ago, I don't remember.
Yvonne: Will I see you tonight?
Rick: I never make plans that far ahead
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain Renault: How extravagant you are, throwing away women like that. Some day they may be scarce.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick: You know what I want to hear.
Sam: [lying] No, I don't.
Rick: You played it for her, you can play it for me!
Sam: [lying] Well, I don't think I can remember...
Rick: If she can stand it, I can! Play it!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! [a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick: Who are you really, and what were you before? What did you do and what did you think, huh?
Ilsa: We said no questions.
Rick: ...Here's looking at you, kid.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she had to walk into mine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick: Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick: I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of us, we both know you belong with Victor. You're part of his work, the thing that keeps him going. If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
Ilsa: But what about us?
Rick: We'll always have Paris. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seems like every line is a classic
-Matt "Here's looking at you kid" Litton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home